Dersim Benim Tarihimdir
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dersim Benim Tarihimdir

AnasayfaGaleriLatest imagesKayıt OlGiriş yap
En son konular
» Gölge
VAST EmptyC.tesi Mart 28, 2009 12:56 am tarafından iStanbLuE

» Umut
VAST EmptyC.tesi Mart 28, 2009 12:45 am tarafından iStanbLuE

» Gölgesizler
VAST EmptyC.tesi Mart 28, 2009 12:42 am tarafından iStanbLuE

» Hotel For Dogs (Köpek Oteli)
VAST EmptyC.tesi Mart 28, 2009 12:39 am tarafından iStanbLuE

» Man On Wire (Teldeki Adam)
VAST EmptyC.tesi Mart 28, 2009 12:37 am tarafından iStanbLuE

» Seven Pounds ( Yedi yaşam )
VAST EmptyC.tesi Mart 28, 2009 12:33 am tarafından iStanbLuE

» U2 3D
VAST EmptyC.tesi Mart 28, 2009 12:32 am tarafından iStanbLuE

» Güneşi Gördüm
VAST EmptyC.tesi Mart 28, 2009 12:30 am tarafından iStanbLuE

» Astroloji nedir ?
VAST EmptyC.tesi Mart 28, 2009 12:20 am tarafından iStanbLuE

Ortaklar
Istatistikler
Toplam 104 kayıtlı kullanıcımız var
Son kaydolan kullanıcımız: Gizem

Kullanıcılarımız toplam 155 mesaj attılar bunda 132 konu
En iyi yollayıcılar
iStanbLuE
VAST I_vote_lcapVAST Bg019unVAST I_vote_rcap 
FIrat
DeathGirL
HeyGirL

VAST

Aşağa gitmek 
YazarMesaj
DeathGirL

DeathGirL

Kadın
Mesaj Sayısı : 21
Yaş : 33
Nerden : iSt
Müzik Tarzın : Rock
Kayıt tarihi : 17/03/09

VAST Empty
MesajKonu: VAST   VAST EmptySalı Mart 17, 2009 1:16 pm

VAST Vast_interview

An Interview with VAST
By Troy Schmidt

Hardrock.com: Jon, you're acclaimed as the hammered dulcimer prodigy. Have you lived up to that status?
JON: Definitely, I've played hammered dulcimer around the world and I've gotten a lot of recognition for it. It's a pretty good act.
Hardrock.com: The Footloose soundtrack—do you think that was probably one of the best soundtracks around?
JON: Yes, I actually like that soundtrack. I remember listening to it when I was seven or eight. I think that's how old I was when the movie came out.
STEVE: Wow, you've done your research.
(All laugh)
Hardrock.com: Yeah, never leave these guys alone. They reveal all of your secrets while you're away. I have a really good question, though. Gilligan's Island—who do you think is the hottest babe on there?
JUSTIN: The Skipper.
JON: Mrs. Howell.
STEVE: Maryanne.
THOMAS: The little dude, Herve Villachaize.
JON: That's Fantasy Island.
STEVE: That's awesome. The Australians have no clue—Dukes of Hazzard or any of the other shows. Herve Villachaize?

Hardrock.com: What are the similarities between classical music and rock?
JON: Well, there is a lot of classical music in rock, like Queen and Metallica. They've put a lot of classical touches to music. I think they're different in a lot of ways because rock has a lot to do with rhythm and I don't think classical music does.
Hardrock.com: I heard that Metallica was really into your first album and then they turned around and did that thing in San Francisco with classical music.
JON: Yeah, I don't think that's really been an influence—they've always been into it. It started with their first bass player.
Hardrock.com: You used the New Bombay Recording Orchestra. Why not use an American orchestra? What was it about them that struck you?
JON: Well, a couple of things. I sampled a lot of world music, and I wanted to do something real. So when the idea came to do it, it sounded great. It was also a lot cheaper. It would have cost about 400 grand in America and this cost 25 grand.
STEVE: And it's all men.
JON: It was pretty intense. They were very nice and really good musicians.

Hardrock.com: What's your favorite kind of car?
STEVE: Austin Mini
THOMAS: Station wagon
JON: Ford Windstar minivan—power steering.

Hardrock.com: The first album—you said it was a quest for God. Did you find him?
JUSTIN: We met about six months ago. HE called.
Hardrock.com: Did you get to meet him?
JUSTIN: Jon did. It was very humbling.
JON: I think the record was basically a philosophical record.
JUSTIN: Did you find him or not?
JON: I don't really want to answer that question. I don't want to answer it in that way.

Hardrock.com: OK. In light of the song "Temptation," what is your biggest temptation?
JON: I think there are all kinds of temptations, but I think it is chocolate chip cookies right now, on the bus. I think sugar is a big temptation.
STEVE: Why does he do that to us? Our bus driver stocks the jar to the top with cookies every day. Why does he do that?
THOMAS: My biggest temptation is Goshi-something—-that Japanese game. What is it?
JUSTIN: Cheeseburgers.
JON: Let's face it, most people would say sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll, and they are all hard to stay away from.
Hardrock.com: Your music really—when you listen to it, the word "vast" comes to mind as an adjective to describe it. How would you describe it?
JON: I think from a lyrical approach that a lot of the lyrics are kind of grandiose, dramatic, and big. I think the bigness comes from the fact that we use reverbs and lasers more than a lot of the bands now do. So it sounds like you're in a bigger place. Ever since Alanis Morissette—her records are drier and it seems that a lot of records try to be like that. Also, we're not afraid to multi-track. It's not that less is more. Less is less. Those are just some of my thoughts. It's non-genre. We're not a reggae band or a metal band or a punk band.
STEVE: It seems vast in a way because there are so many things happening. I like that.
JON: I also sing a lot about the world being vast. It's about the meaning of life. That's where all of the questions come into play.
JUSTIN: It's kind of like the world is a hammered dulcimer and each of us plays the hammered dulcimer in a weird kind of way.

Hardrock.com: You're going to hear this forever, huh?
JON: Yeah.
JUSTIN: We just love that word. It's not even what it is. It is just the word.
STEVE: It's metamorphosed into what ever we want it to be now.
JUSTIN: It can describe anything.

Hardrock.com: If you could be present during any moment in rock history, when would you like it to be?
JON: I think right now is interesting. It is going to get really interesting.
STEVE: I think the speakeasies—in the smoky bars. It was just the real deal back then.
JUSTIN: I'll take the seventies—the King—probably some of Floyd, Queen, all those amazing bands, particularly the ones that came out of Europe.
THOMAS: Probably the early 80's—London retro.
Hardrock.com: Was it harder recording an entire album by yourself or with the whole band?
JON: Different. The first I did basically by myself and since it was my first, it was kind of a vacuum. That had its downside. My second record I felt a little more experienced but I also took on the job of producing, so that put a little work on me. Working with the band made it easier, because they were so important and played on the record. It was just a lot better.
Hardrock.com: In all of the descriptions of you, the word "goth" comes up. How "goth" do you think you are?
STEVE: We are so goth…
JON: My favorite goth bands are the ones that were themselves and are just like that. I think we're like that. We just do our thing and if it is a little bit dark that's just because life is a little bit dark. I think that anyone who is positive all the time is full of it. It's convoluted. But when I think of the Cure, Depeche Mode, Siouxsee, they are all kind of embarrassed by the goth scene but they never try to be goth. I think there is something kind of pretentious about that. Just be yourself and that's what is cool with me.
JUSTIN: If you like mascara and black lipstick, then more power to you.
JON: Sometimes if we want to have fun and do that, we will.
Sayfa başına dön Aşağa gitmek
Http://Kareronline.com/

VAST
Sayfa başına dön 
1 sayfadaki 1 sayfası